Friday, August 1, 2008

the sitting room....


its the little things that make a huge impact. lately i have been doing a lot of shopping/ scouting for a client. its not as easy as one may think; you really have to LOOK b/c what you may love, others may not get. anyways, i frequent a lot of the same places in hopes to find a new shipment of goodies or discover a jewel that i may have overlooked previously. and one of the things that i have realized is that it doesn't just pay to have great things in your store but the people who own the store make a world of difference.
hence, the sitting room....a married couple from LA that uprooted and basically pointed their finger on a map and decided Charleston as the place to raise their children and start their store. boy, are they a fresh face in this sometimes (well actually a lot of times) stuffy town. heather has great taste and gets what is "in" in my humble opinion. brady, is great at helping out clients and if he doesn't know things exactly, well he says "heather will be here any minute". plus, they are super fun to talk to! little me gets stars in my eyes when it comes to LA...i don't know why i am fascinated w/ that silly town...yea, well i do know why, b/c i am a celebrity stalker...lame i know! anyways, i am really routing for this couple and their store! i want them to succeed and hope nothing but the best for them...yesterday i found out our children will be in the same daycare class starting in sept...i warned her that taylor is a little bit of a diva (i don't know where she gets that from)!! so if you are ever in mt. pleasant, you should totally check out the sitting room...they have great upholstery, they carry dwell bedding and tabletop, and have a fresh take on accessories and lamps!! heather, i am still keeping my fingers crossed that you pick up madeline weinrib.....

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Hi Pink Wallpaper:
I wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog & spent a little time in Charleston myself & miss it! Anyway, I am fairly new to the blogging world. So if you have anytime between projects please visit Southern Inspirations. Oh, I think that I have been to that store. We should compare notes one day!

http://southerninspirations.blogspot.com/2008/07/southern-dawgs-charleston-playgroup-vs.html

Ann said...

Sitting Room is a great place to look for furnishings. I just adore their sofas and pillows. Tables too.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Thanks for the tip! I will file it away for future use.

Also, re: your last posting....I am totally in love with my Dyson vacuum cleaner. I mean, in love. My husband and I both leap at the chance to use it. It's actually made vacuuming fun!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask you if you have ever been to The Sitting Room...I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it looked so neat from the outside while driving by...but how coud I doubt that you would not have found it:)

Anonymous said...

love the couch!!!!!!

Weaveron Textile said...

Awesome ideas for the sitting room!! Thank you for the wonderful ideas.

click here: https://www.weaveron.com