Tuesday, July 22, 2008

charts...




things that make my heart putter...wall charts. i love the idea of the scroll and how it hangs. it's like you need a yard stick so you can point out the elements in the picture like the teachers use to. and they are usually fairly large so they are a great way to take up a lot of space on a blank wall. they are now making reproduction botany/ zoology charts from jung koch quentell...i just purchased the butterfly one for a client. it has such great colors! also, you can still find vintage ones around- ebay is a great source for them. i'd love to win the bid on these 1900 german biological chart on ebay right now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love charts too! I've been trying to find one that doesn't cost an arm/leg!

Barbara Jacksier said...

Me, too (re: loving these charts.)

A friend of mine just showed me one with botanical looking veggies. It was German, too. and just gorgeous. I really must snap a photo next time I visit.

Unknown said...

i love these kinds of charts too - and have been keeping my eye open for a large oversized one (that won't break the bank) that i can get framed.